As part of Searchmetrics x SEJ conference, Murray Newlands caught up with Erik Ford to talk about buying journey.
As part of our coverage from the sold-out Searchmetrics x conference in San Francisco on SEO, content marketing, and analytics, I caught up with Erik Ford of Boost Media to discuss multi-channel marketing.
Erik explains how the most successful marketers are reaching their customer at every step of the buying journey. Hear him discuss this in detail in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- The big thing driving the focus on multiple channels is the realization that the customer journey is a multi-channel journey. People are using their smartphones, tablets, desktops, and social media to interact with brands online.
- As the world evolves, businesses need to optimize their messaging across all channels the customer goes through before making a buying decision.
- The smartest and most sophisticated marketers are taking what’s already working for them and using that information to influence other channels.
- If you can pick out key strategies or messages that are really resonating with customers, then take those tactics into other channels. Erik says if you do this you will see incredible success throughout the buying journey.
- In the marketing industry, the big thing right now is to be customer-centric. Erik would challenge a lot of the agencies and software platforms to make sure they are staying connected with each other as well. That’s what the customer demands, and you have to start making their lives easier.
For more video interviews, please visit SEJ’s YouTube page.